Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Today is not only the Feast of St. Patrick of Ireland but also the celebration of Owen's baptism! Last year St. Patty's Day was on a Sunday and Owen became a member of the church.



Every year it is a tradition of my husbands Irish Granny to have a traditional meal at her house.

Yum.

Irish soda bread, corned beef with mustard (optional), cabbage with turnips and carrots, collard greens, and of course--potatoes.

I didn't take a picture of the food because obviously I was much too busy stuffing. But you can just take my word that it was one of the best meals I had all year (so far)! The best part is that I get to take home the extra soda bread and eat it with eggs for breakfast---there was obviously no picture of that meal either.

Typically we all watch the movie 'The Quiet Man' after dinner, but this year Granny had good ol' Irish music playing and the kids were too busy dancing around to sit down and watch a movie.

It is always a fantastic night and even though this is only my third time enjoying this meal with my husbands family, I hope we have many more together!

And obviously, we wore green.

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Cheers :)






1 comment: