Tuesday, July 29, 2014

these days.

this is currently my view:



I can't help but feel so incredibly blessed to even be sitting outside in the shade of this beautiful tree that sits right outside my humble abode. 

Sap story. But it's the truth. 

This summer has been such an awesome reminder of how blessed our little family has been. Let's face it- we have always been blessed. Jobs, places to live, food to eat, incredible family, and close friends. Through any "trial" we have faced, something greater has come out of it. I don't always remember that, so don't think I always live by those words ;) We haven't gone through anything extremely trying this year, but the year isn't over and I know trials will come. Hopefully I can remember these days and my own words of wisdom when they do come. 

In the meantime thank God for how great this summer has been. 

It has been the small things like ice cream dates with my boys and my sisters making a trip down to see Damien play soccer that have been filling my thankful tank. *ahem, what an extremely weird analogy* It hasn't all been peachy keen (what does that even mean?), for instance Owen has been putting me through the ringeeerrr with his crazy sleep regression----but brighter days are on the horizon, right?! We are making the transition to the boys sharing a room, so your prayers and well-wishes would be greatly appreciated for the next decade while we figure that out. Ok, but ya feel me? All parents hollar "I"  thank you. Solidarity. By the time he figures it out he is going to be a teenager who "doesn't need sleep" just like I don't need dunkin donuts on a daily basis. What's that you say? Not a good argument? Well I'm the parent and I said so. But really, some days do actually run on dunkin ;) 


But life is sweet. We enjoyed lots of time with friends this past weekend and I already wish my sisters would take another trip down here. I'm having an itch for fall and really want to pull out the long sleeves and boyfriend jeans; but I will just have to wait patiently. Who am I kidding? I JUST put away my boys clothes from the winter. 

We have a pretty slow weekend ahead of  us but it will FINALLY be August and I can shred my July calendar. July has been good to us but I'm ready to say goodbye and check off more days of the year like my little crazy self likes to do. In the meantime I need to decide what's for dinner ....or maybe go get a sno cone instead. Decisions, decisions :) 

Enjoy :) 














No comments:

Post a Comment